Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Five with Filby

There's a fun meme going around where you ask someone to interview you with five quick questions. It's a nice way to pass five minutes, so here are my answers to the questions posed by the lovely Ami Angelwings.

1. If you could swap 2 superhero/villains costumes permanently, who would they be? :D
That's a tough question, since comic book characters are pretty much defined by their costumes. I guess I'll say the two Blue Beetles, Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes. Not that Jaime looks bad in his, but I think that as a scientist, Ted should have had a more high-tech costume. He could even modify it with his own inventions, which would be pretty cool.

2. Cats, dogs or walruses? :D
I'm both a cat person and a dog person; not so much a walrus person. Sorry, Chumley. Over my lifetime I've had one dog (Comet) and five cats (Siam, Marten, Min, Max, and Molly; Molly was a boy, btw), so I'd say cats win out.

3. What's the strangest thing you've done while sober? :o
Geez... well, I've never been drunk (alcoholism runs in the family, so I never drink), so pretty much anything strange I've done has been while I was sober. Back when I was, I think, a junior in high school, I spent the better part of a year writing down the names and descriptions of various D&D monsters on index cards for no reason other than my own entertainment. Looking back I have no idea what the hell I was doing wasting my time like that. I was a weird kid.

4. If you could get one superhero high for a whole issue, who would it be? :3
Guy Gardner. No question.

5. What's your favourite non-DC/non-Marvel superhero movie? :3
Definitely The Incredibles. Partly because I'm an animation buff, but really, it was the perfect homage to the Silver Age of comics, celebrating all its wonder, its innocense, and its absurdity.

Honorable mention goes to Mystery Men. "Sorry - am I to understand you've inserted your father's skull inside of that ball for bowling?" "No. The guy at the pro shop did it."

I don't suppose anyone will take me up since the only people I'm aware of who read my weblog have already taken it, but just in case...

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (They probably won't be the same ones you see above!)

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: