Friday, March 02, 2007

52 x Eva

Okay! My long-planned 52-meets-Neon Genesis Evangelion post.

Ever since the Four Horsemen stepped on the scene back in Week 38, there was something about them that kept nagging at me. Malformed freaks of science, created by madmen playing God, to house the souls of Biblical figures, in anticipation of the Apocalypse/Apokolips? Tell me if there isn't some similarity in the designs here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I couldn't find a good screenshot of that creepy-ass scene with Eva-01's bandadged head with the one huge FREAKY green eye, but I think this pic gets the image across.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Check out their heads.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...yeah, this one's a bit of a stretch.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah-HA!

So... am I seeing something that just isn't there, or is Grant Morrison watching the same weird foreign cartoons as I am?

No comments: