I've been tagged for a meme once again by the good Ami Angelwings, so here it is: 8 facts about yours truly.
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.
1) My favorite super-hero is Mister Terrific (Michael Holt). The rest of my top five, in no particular order, is Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Power Girl, the Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), and Booster Gold. I am prone to changing my mind frequently, however.
2) The only U.S. states I've spent a significant length of time in are Massachusetts (my home), Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, and Florida, plus the Canadian province of Quebec.
3) On the same tack, the farthest north I have traveled is Montreal and the farthest south is Lake Buena Vista, but I've never gone father east than Boston (I've lived in the Bay State all my life but I've never been to Cape Cod or Nantucket) or father west than Albany.
4) I have a dog (rottweiler/akita mix... he's an Axis dog!) and I love him, but I'm really more of a cat person.
5) In 7th grade I came in 4th place in a city-wide Scrabble tournament.
6) I used to be in the Boy Scouts of America. It was a mostly traumatic experience, since most of the guys I shared a troop with were obnoxious pricks and the two troop leaders I had were both scary burned-out Vietnam veterans, and I still hold a grudge against them because of their policy against gays and atheists. I am, however, very proud that my entry into the pine box derby won best of show.
7) I enjoy writing fiction, but I'm not particularly good at it. Most of what I've written is just mediocre D&D fanfiction (set in my own setting and using my own characters, but still using the game's familiar races, creatures, and character types), and to date I've completed only one single short story, seven years ago.
8) I'm fiercely proud to be from Massachusetts, despite the ridiculously high taxes, the messed-up health care/insurance system, the absurdly high level of crime in my city (Springfield), the fact that we'd have a horrible Republican governor for as long as I can remember (until we elected Deval last year, anyway, who is a Democrat and a good guy, but geezus, Mitt Romney can kiss my -- ahem), the corrupt politics, the whole Big Dig fiasco, the walking embarrassment that is John Kerry... well okay, Massachusetts sucks, but I love it anyway dammit.
And I tag... well dernitall, DJ Black Adam has already been tagged, so I don't have anyone to choose. Meh. Anyone reading this who hasn't already done it: Consider yourself tagged.