Friday, May 18, 2007

Rehabilitating Vibe

A brief thought vis a vis (I love using gratuitous French, it's so pretendous) the Multiverse...

Somewhere out there, on some alternate Earth or another, Vibe may still be alive.

And cool.

...

...

...

It's a good thing I'm already sitting down 'cause I think I broke my brain.

~~~

Seriously, I think it would be cool to see Paco Ramone back among the living. What if El Vibe-man's encounter with Doctor Ivo's killer robots hadn't done him in? It could have given him a new perspective on life and motivated him to leave his gang-banging days behind him and move on out of the ghetto. And then become a social worker or something, to teach kids about the dangers of gangs and drugs and stuff. And maybe (GASP!) drop the inane Charo accent. But he'd still know how to breakdance like a demon, natch.

Vibe's costume would need a truckload of work. I say change it to a black turtleneck and slacks, retaining the red-and-yellow color scheme on his belt. He'd keep the funky shades, and maybe have a ponytail, just so we all know he's still hip.

Hmmm...

No comments: