Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm in Love with Kyle Rayner

I am. I really, really am. I'm allowed to be, now that it's the '90s the '00s. And I'm from Massachusetts. Choke on that, Westboro Baptist Church!

*ahem* Seriously, I picked up Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Parallax today, and Green Lantern Kyle Rayner is now totally my hetero mancrush. One-shot crossover tie-ins usually don't turn out terribly well in my estimation, but this one completely changed my perception of the character. I knew he was one of those sensitive art school types, but I never really got a look inside his psyche until now.

And that's what this whole issue is: A look at what's going on inside Kyle's mind while he's trapped inside Parallax, with Parallax taunting him with the horrible deeds he's forcing Kyle to commit. The whole "I can never get close to any women because they'll die" thing was trotted out like usual, but for once Kyle's showing some signs of moving past that.

Also, Kyllax is hot. Like, really smoking hot. I swear when Parallax showed up in Kyle's duds I almost fainted right there on the bus.

And Kyle watches Patlabor. That's like totally my favorite anime!!! OMGWTFBBQYAYSQUEE!!!

So yeah. There ya go. I am in love with Kyle Rayner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kill should watch Naruto!

Will Staples said...

Naw, I see Kyle as more of a One Piece fan. Pirates over ninjas and all that.