Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More Ranting (SPOILERS for Countdown: Arena)

Countdown: Arena #1 pissed me off.

So they introduce 52 alternate versions of the DCU and its most popular characters... and immediately start slaughtering them en masse.

I'm insanely pissed that Victorian Batman and WWII Batman unceremoniously got their throats ripped out by Vampire Batman. I really liked both of them. Hell, I put in like 300 votes for WWII Batman just because I knew Vampire Batman would kill them if he won and I didn't want them to die. I was right. Lot of good my votes did...

Screw you, DC. That was a stupid move.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Which Batman was the one talked the most? I liked him.

He was banter-y and cool and competent. I really wanted to see more of him.

So, of course, he's the one that died. *sigh*

Will Staples said...

That was the Batman of Earth-40, from JSA: The Liberty Files. He was a secret government agent (along with the rest of the JSA) during WWII who fought Nazi spies and such. He was my choice.

I just think it's incredibly wasteful of DC to bring these characters into mainstream continuity just to slaughter them.