Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Shameful Confession

This is kind of hard for me to say, because it could wreak havoc on my reputation as a blogger... but then I realized that I don't have a reputation as a blogger (which is exactly how I want to keep it), so what the hell.

I was surprised to learn that TV Tropes Wiki had such an extensive page on My Little Pony, and even more surprised that I actually remembered pretty much everything on it.

Yes, that's right. I watched and liked My Little Pony when I was a kid.

I'm not proud of it.

I think it came from being a fantasy-obsessed young boy with two little sisters. My Little Pony was pretty much the only thing on the Disney Channel that could sate my addiction in between episodes of Gummi Bears (this was before Aladdin hit the airwaves), and since my sisters were into it, it sorta just rubbed off.

Christ, I even remember liking the all-different "Ponies 90210" series that came later.

I have to say, that giant singing purple ooze from the movie freaked me out. I also remember Danny DeVito had a role in it as some kind of troll thing.

I also remember the creepy Michael Jackson pony mentioned in the article. :P

Side note: I find it interesting that I feel a sense of embarrassment talking about this, because a woman who admits to enjoying Transformers as a child probably wouldn't to the same degree. I could insert a rant about gender-typing here, but I don't have the energy.

Anyway... yeah. Just a strange little look into one blogger's past. Try not to think any less of me for it, huh?

(And for the record I did not play with the dolls. Even I have standards. :P)

No comments: