Sunday, November 09, 2008

13 Posts: The Enigma of Amigara Fault

Alrighty. You want creepy comics, I got 'em.

Photobucket


Unlike "Hansel and Gretel", which merely poked fun at a scary old story, "The Enigma of Amigara Fault" is downright nightmarish. Published as a backup story to Junji Itō's Gyo, "The Enigma" concerns an unnatural geologic formation that manifests a bizarre pull on the local populace. Itō, an award-winning author of horror comics best known for his series Uzumaki, is known for creating detailed drawings of the macabre, and "The Enigma" is no exception.

The comic can be read here; read the pages from right to left.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How nice! One of the essential twisted stories or morbid jokes related to speleology as manga comics! Even by the outstanding Japanese mangakas! Master Junji Ito cursed me again as is charming me for 20+ years :-) Since I am speleologist I love holes (caves in fact :-)The situation of feeling rock all around is something very usual (and exciting) for me. Perhaps there came a day and I will find the certain hole made for me...

Unknown said...

How nice! One of the essential twisted stories or morbid jokes related to speleology as manga comics! Even by the outstanding Japanese mangakas! Master Junji Ito cursed me again as is charming me for 20+ years :-) Since I am speleologist I love holes (caves in fact :-))The situation of feeling rock all around is something very usual (and exciting) for me. Perhaps there came a day and I will find the certain hole made for me :-)

Pie God said...

Well, good luck with your hole David.