Saturday, April 26, 2008

My City Screams!

You know, I'm kinda pissed off at Frank Miller for his upcoming adaptation of Will Eisner's The Spirit, which is apparently going to be Sin City 2 ("The city is my mother. The city is my lover." *GAG*). He seems to have missed the part where Eisner wrote the Spirit as an easygoing, compassionate protagonist in tongue-in-cheek life-affirming stories, and has instead opted to write him as a cheap knockoff of a version of Batman that hasn't been seen in 15 to 20 years.

I just really, really hate Frank Miller. He's such a disgusting conglomerate of every negative stereotype of masculinity there is. The Dark Knight Returns was a great book, I admit, but everything since then -- Sin City, 300, All-Star Batman & Robin The Goddamn Batman -- has been a festering mass of gratuitous sex, violence, and pandering to braindead fratboys who think being a man means acting like a fucking ape.

Oh, and whores. Can't forget the whores.

Gawd, Frank... just... just stop being such a damn parody of yourself, already...

No comments: