Monday, October 22, 2007

Gasp! Shock! Horror of Horrors! Dumbledore is--- GAY?!

A tip o' da hat to Thom Wade. May the hair on his toes never fall out!

...er, wait. Wrong fandom. Moving on...

ONOZ DUMBLEDORE IS TEH GAY!!!!11

At first I thought that was from CBS and I was all like, "You call this shit reporting? I expect this from Fox, but geez!" But then I realized, "Oho, it's CBN! Pat Robertson's guys! That makes perfect sense!" Ahh, I love the smell of Christofascist moral panic in the morning.

Seriously, there are too many broadcasting networks with "CB" in their name. CBS, CBN, CBC...

I also love how the "reporter" thinks that Fan Fiction is one specific website and that all the fanfic on the 'Net is located there.

Oh, and the "young fan" was nineteen.

On a more serious note, I think it's great that Rowling made the conscious decision to write such a popular character as gay, but I agree with Kalinara in that it would have been a lot more courageous on her part if she'd explicitly written that detail in the books instead of tossing it out as a sound bite months after the series ended. A casual reader 20 years from now will be none the wiser.

No comments: