Saturday, November 17, 2007

Haruhi Suzumiya: Two Songs

I'm at a loss for anything serious to write. I've got math finals next week and have to start reading Oedipus Rex (which I already studied in high school... feh), so I don't feel up to any in-depth posts. So in lieu of such, here's a cool video with brief commentary.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was pretty much the anime smash-hit of 2006, proving wildly popular with fans worldwide. What follows is my favorite scene from the series, from episode 12. To my knowledge this is the best animation (from a technical standpoint) to grace the small screen in the history of the medium. Seriously, just watch the detail on those drums and guitars.

The music's your typical J-pop fluff, but hey, it's pretty damn rousing.



Can't wait for the second season...

No comments: