Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gaming Idiocy

A hat-tip to Ami Angelwings.

I think this story pretty adequately sums up just why I avoid video game culture like the plague: It's filled with pathetic, small-minded men with the mentalities of 15-year-old boys.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that these people don't realize that saying,

"That professional woman deserved to be harassed because she wore cute dresses in front of repressed nerds. She brought it on herself!"

is the same line of thinking that leads to,

"That rape victim deserved what happened to her because she wore revealing clothes. She brought it on herself!"

or, if you want to take it to its extreme (and I realize this is hyperbole),

"That rape victim deserved to be stoned to death in the name of Allah because she inflamed her attacker's passions by her feminine nature. She brought it on herself!"

See what I mean?

No comments: