Friday, November 30, 2007

I Hate Cartoon Network

David Willis hits another one square on the head.

Seriously, what is up with Cartoon Network's bizarre scheduling issues? I used to get my anime fix on [adult swim] watching Fullmetal Alchemist, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Cowboy Bebop and they'd show like two new episodes before going back to reruns with no warning for months on end. And the shows they did show on schedule were obnoxious surrealist crap like Tom Goes to the Mayor and The Squidbillies plus other shit that weren't even cartoons (how the hell could they show Saved by the Bell on Cartoon Fragging Network?!). And the way they just casually belittled their viewers, like, "Yeah, we're so hip, we can insult our fan base, and that's cool 'cause it's postmodern." I FUCKING HATE CARTOON NETWORK.

Eventually I realized it'd be less frustrating to just rent the damn anime myself.

No comments: